Canon Group Environmental Charter
Corporate Philosophy : Kyosei
Achieve corporate growth and development while contributing
to the prosperity of the world and the happiness of humankind.
Environmental Assurance Philosophy
In the interest of world prosperity and the happiness of humankind,
pursue maximization of resource efficiency, and contribute to the
creation of a society that practices sustainable development.
Fundamental Policies for Environmental Assurance
Seek to harmonize environmental and economic interests in all business activities,
products and services (the EQCD concept); offer products with lower environmental
burden through innovative improvements in resource efficiency, and eliminate
anti-social activities that threaten the health and safety of mankind and the environment.
||Companies are not qualified to manufacture goods if they are incapable of environmental assurance.
||Companies are not qualified to market goods if they are incapable of producing quality goods.
||Companies are not qualified to compete if they are incapable of meeting cost and delivery requirements.
- Optimize the organizations for promoting the Canon Group's global environmental efforts, and promote environmental assurance activities for the Group as a whole.
- Assess the environmental impact of entire product lifecycles and explore ways to minimize environmental burden.
- Promote the research and development of technologies and materials essential for environmental assurance and share the achievements with society.
- Comply with all applicable laws in each country/region and other requirements the Canon Group agrees upon with stakeholders, and promote energy and resource conservation and elimination of hazardous substances in all corporate activities.
- In procuring and purchasing necessary resources, give priority to materials, parts and products with lower environmental burden.
- Establish an Environmental Management System (EMS) and establish and periodically review environmental objectives and targets to prevent environmental pollution and damage, and steadily reduce environmental burden.
- Actively disclose to all stakeholders information on environmental burden and keep them updated on the progress of environmental measures.
- Raise the environmental awareness of employees and educate them to take the initiative in environmental protection.
- Maintain close relationships with governments, communities, and other interested parties, and actively support and participate in environmental protection activities.
Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Policy
Canon Hongkong Co., Ltd. pursues to become an excellent and sustainable company which supports the environment and society. We commit to meet the needs and expectations of interested parties. In line with the corporate philosophy Kyosei, we are dedicated to continually improve the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) Management Systems.
To meet this commitment, we shall:
- Establish, maintain and improve the company’s QEHS Management System. Set up and periodically review QEHS objectives and targets
- Fulfill compliance obligations applicable to all corporate related activities
- Educate and develop employees to be competent in achieving high performance in QEHS Management Systems
- Delight customers by meeting and exceeding customer requirements
- Harmonize environmental and economic interests in the operation
- Protect the environment, conserve natural resources, minimize waste and prevent pollution
- Comply with Canon Group’s requirements on Environmental Management and promote global environmental efforts
- Give priority to materials and products with lower environmental burden in procurement activities
- Communicate and maintains close relationships with governments, communities, and other interested parties, actively support and participate in environmental, health and safety activities
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace to minimize risks of injury and ill health of interested parties
Information Security Management System (ISMS) Policy
Canon Hongkong Co., Ltd. is committed to preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all the physical and electronic information assets to support the digital printing and scanning.
Information security requirements will continue to be aligned with Canon Hongkong business goals and the ISMS is intended to be an enabling mechanism for information sharing, for electronic operations, and for reducing information-related risks to acceptable levels.
To meet this commitment, we shall:
- Establish, implement, maintain and improves Canon Hongkong’s Information Security Management System
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Canon Hongkong’s information, information resources and application systems
- Establish safeguards to protect Canon Hongkong's information resources against theft, abuse, misuse, distortion or any form of illegal damage
- Provide secure, high available and reliable business service and environment to our customers
- Ensure that Canon Hongkong is able to continue its activities in the event of significant information security incidents or threats to its information systems
- Comply with legal and other requirements related to information security applicable to Canon’s activities
- Communicate with stakeholders our commitment and information related information security
- Encourage management and staff to maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and skill to meet their obligatory requirements for protecting information assets
- Develop the awareness of information security requirements within our suppliers and service providers
- Set up information security objectives and targets and commit to continual improvement in all the activities that are related to the information security