To Users of Photo and Movie Storage Device “Connect Station CS100”
(Firmware Update, Version 2.0.4)
Thank you for using Canon products.
The latest firmware for the Connect Station CS100 is now available. In order to update the firmware, the CS100 device must be connected to the Internet. Please see detailed instructions below.
Firmware Version 2.0.4 incorporates the following enhancements:
1) Enables batch uploads of up to 1,000 images from a computer to the CS100.
2) Enables batch copying of images saved on the CS100 to a hard disk drive (HDD)*1.
3) Provides new messaging as listed below.
• A message is displayed periodically recommending the user to backup images.
• A message is displayed if the camera’s NFC function is disabled
4) The following languages are now supported: Hungarian, Polish, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese and Indonesian.
5) Adds a function that enables of photos saved on a CS100 to be viewed from a smartphone application called “Connect Station”. *2
* For detailed information about the functions, please refer to the latest instruction manual which can be found on Canon's Web sites.
*1 Please use an external hard disk that has a capacity of less than 2TB. A bus-powered external HDD cannot be used.
*2 Please note that if your CS100 device is running firmware version 1.2.0 or earlier, images that are not compiled in an album on the CS100 device cannot be viewed on a smart phone.
This firmware update is for Connect Station CS100 with Firmware up to Version 1.2.0.
Cautions Regarding Use of the CS100
1) When copying images from the CS100 to an external hard disk, please use an external hard disk that has a capacity of less than 2TB. A bus-powered external HDD cannot be used. In addition, approximately nine hours are required to copy 64GB of images to the external hard disk when you perform [Copy multiple images].
2) To back up the data on the CS100 to an external hard disk, please use an external hard disk with a capacity of 1TB to 2TB. A bus-powered external HDD cannot be used.
3) Movies larger than 4GB shot on the EOS-1D X Mark II cannot be imported to the CS100 using a wired connection. To import such movies to the CS100, please use a memory card.
Firmware Update Procedure
Cautions while performing the firmware update:
● Before the firmware update, please remove the CF card, SD card, and USB cable.
● Do not turn off the power of the CS100.
● Do not lift up or move the CS100.
● Do not operate the Remote Control CS-RC1.
Firmware update procedure
(1) Turn on the power of the CS100, and connect the device to the Internet.
*For details on how to connect the CS100 to the Internet, please see the user’s manual.
(2) Press the <Home> button on the remote control, and check whether [ ! ] appears over the “Preferences” item, and if so, select the “Preferences” item, and then press <SET>.
(3) Press the <Right> button of Cross keys on the remote control, select the tab in the image below, and after checking that [ ! ] appears next to [Update Firmware], select [Update Firmware], and then press <SET>.
(4) Press <MENU> on the remote control to start downloading and updating the firmware.
Firmware version confirmation method
(1) Press the <Right> button of Cross keys on the remote control, select the tab in the image below, and check whether the information on the [Update Firmware] screen indicates the latest firmware version.
Contact Information for Inquiries
For questions about this matter, please contact our Customer Service Hotline.