“EOS Traveler New Member Recruitment” Terms and Conditions
- Canon Hongkong Company Limited (“Canon”) is the organizer of Canon Online Store EOS Traveler New Member Recruitment (“Activity”).
- Upon updating any Club Canon member information or registering as new member during the Promotion Period, you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Activity is valid from 20th August, 2019 to 30th September, 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
- To be eligible in the Activity, New Member must complete the following steps during Promotion Period:
Only first 800 new EOS Traveler members are eligible for the premium gift in this Activity.
- Registered as a Club Canon member;
- Must choose at least one option of “interest topics” of “EOS Traveler” under your Club Canon member account; and
- Must choose “Yes” under the “Accept direct marketing” option under your Club Canon member account.
Canon reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify or exclude you from this Activity and/or Prizes (as defined below) without prior notice if you:
- commit a breach of these Terms and Conditions;
- provide untrue or incomplete personal information;
- provide inconsistent personal information at the time of enrollment and redeeming Prize;
- are found to be participating in this Activity in any illegal or dishonest manner; or
- are considered by Canon to be suitable to be disqualified or excluded under reasonable circumstances.
Each eligible new member is only eligible for a maximum of one Canon Classic Camera F-1 Luggage Tag in this Activity.
Prizes are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Canon will notify the winner of details of the prize redemption arrangement by email according to email address provided under your Club Canon member account within 1 week after the end of the Promotion Period. If, due to incomplete or incorrect information provided by you, Canon is unable to notify you within 2 weeks after the end of the Promotion Period or you have not redeemed the Prizes within 30 days after the notification email has been sent out, you shall be deemed to have waived your rights to receive the Prizes and Canon shall be entitled to exercise its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify you, and to use such Prizes for any purposes as Canon deems fit.
The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and/or any other goods.
Image of Prizes is for reference only.
Canon shall not bear any responsibility for replacing any damaged, lost, stolen or expired Prizes.
Prize Redemption Arrangement
The personal data provided and collected will be used by Canon for one or more of the following purposes:
The personal data you provided are mainly for use within Canon but the information may also be disclosed by Canon to other third parties for the purposes stated above, if required.
You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data under sections 18 and 22 and principle 6, schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486). Canon may impose a fee for complying with a data access or correction request.
Enquiries concerning the personal data provided, including the request for access and correction, should be addressed to:
- For creation, processing and maintenance of your enrollment record, the administration and monitoring of this Activity;
- For statistical and analytical purposes; and
- Any other legitimate purposes as may be required, authorized by law.
Personal Data Officer
Canon Hongkong Company Limited
3/F, Tower A
China Life Center
Hung Luen Road
Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Canon shall not be liable to you for any loss, damage, cost and expense directly or indirectly suffered by you (including but not limited to, loss of profit, loss of saving, loss of goodwill, loss of revenue or loss of contract incurred by you, whether anticipated or actual, or any special indirect or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever) or any action, claim and proceeding taken against you by any third party or parties in connection with, incidental to and consequential upon the performance of Canon or its employees or independent contractors in relation to this Activity. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, to the extent permitted by law, Canon’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort, equity or otherwise for any direct loss or damage arising out of or in connection with this Activity shall be limited to HK$100.
Canon will under no circumstance be liable for any loss or damage caused by any problem or technical malfunction of any communication network, online system or computer hardware or software failure; or any incorrect data input during the online submission.
All time is based on the time of receipt at the server. Late registration will not be entertained.
Any failure or delay by Canon to exercise or enforce any right under these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right nor operate to bar the exercise or enforcement of it at any time or times thereafter.
The provisions contained in each clause of these Terms and Conditions shall be enforceable independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not be affected.
Canon reserves the right to interpret these Terms and Conditions. In case of any dispute, Canon reserves the right of final decision.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”). You hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts in connection with any disputes arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are prepared in English and the Chinese translation is provided for reference only. In case of any inconsistency or ambiguity, the English version shall prevail.