Thank you for using Canon products.
We are making preparations to release new firmware in the beginning of August, 2012 for the Canon EOS 7D digital SLR camera to improve and add functions and for the Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5A to support the new firmware for such camera. Once the preparations are complete, we will be making an announcement on our Web site.
In response to requests from the market, the new firmware incorporates the functional improvements and additions listed below.
1. Improves maximum burst during continuous shooting.
||About 94 (126) bursts *1
||-> About 110 (130) bursts *2
||About 15 (15) bursts *1
||-> About 23 (25) bursts *2
||About 6 (6) bursts *1
||-> About 17 (17) bursts *2
*1: The figures are based on Canon’s testing standards (ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style) using a 4 GB card. The figures in parentheses indicate the number of shots that can be taken with an Ultra DMA (UDMA) 4GB card, based on Canon’s testing standards.
*2: The figures are based on Canon’s testing standards (ISO 100 and Standard Picture Style) using an 8 GB card. The figures in parentheses indicate the number of shots that can be taken with an Ultra DMA (UDMA) 128GB card, based on Canon’s testing standards.
2. Supports a new accessory, of the GPS Receiver GP-E2.
3. Adds a maximum ISO Auto setting function.
4. Adds an in-camera RAW processing function.
5. Adds a Quick Control function during playback.
6. Adds a rating function.
7. Adds a JPEG image resizing function.
8. Adds a sound recording level manual adjustment function.
9. Adds a file name setting function.
10. Adds a time zone setting function.
11. Faster scrolling of magnified images.
The following function has been incorporated.
1. Supports the new EOS 7D firmware.
EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera
Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E5A
Once the preparations for releasing the new firmware are complete, an announcement will be made on Canon's Web site.
Contact Information for Inquiries
For questions about this matter, please contact our customer service at the number below.