To Users of Photo and Movie Storage Device “Connect Station CS100”
(Firmware Update, Version 2.5.1)
Thank you for using Canon products.
The latest firmware for the Connect Station CS100 is now available. In order to update the firmware, the CS100 device must be connected to the Internet. Please see detailed instructions below.
For customers who do not have access to the Internet and wish to update the firmware, please contact your nearest Canon Service Center to have the firmware of your CS100 updated free of charge.
Firmware Version 2.5.1 incorporates the following enhancements:
- Movie upload functionality with the Connect Station App has been added. *1,*2,*3,*4
- Ability to [Send/receive images] between a mobile device and the Connect Station CS100 outside of a home network has been enabled. (Internet connection required) *1
- Support for more image sources and file types has been added. See instruction manual for Connect Station CS100 for more details. *1
- Decreased the time necessary to [Copy multiple images].
- [Loop playback] functionality has been added.
- A [Disable] option to the [Auto standby] setting in the [Preferences] menu has been added. *5
|*1 ||Requires the latest version of the Connect Station App to be installed on the mobile device. |
|*2 ||Proper playback is not guaranteed with movies captured with a mobile device. |
|*3 ||The orientation of the Movies captured with a mobile device can be converted for playback when imported to the Connect Station CS100. |
|*4 ||If the movie being imported has UTC (Universal Time Coordinated) date information, then that date information is saved after the movie is imported to the Connect Station CS100. If the footage does not have UTC date information, then the imported date will be the date information for the move file. |
|*5 ||When [Auto standby] is set to [Disable], and the monitor is displayed for a prolonged period of time, screen burn-in may occur. |
For detailed information about the functions of the Connect Station CS100, please refer to the latest instruction manual which can be found on the Canon Web site.
This firmware update is for Connect Station CS100 with Firmware up to Version 2.0.4.
Cautions Regarding Use of the CS100
Movies larger than 4GB captured with the EOS-1D X Mark II cannot be imported to the CS100 using a wired connection. Please use a memory card to transfer such movies.
Firmware Update Procedure
Cautions regarding the firmware update:
- Before the firmware update, please remove the CF card, SD card, and USB cable.
- Do not turn off the power of the CS100.
- Do not lift up or move the CS100.
- Do not operate the Remote Control CS-RC1.
(1) Turn on the power of the CS100, and connect the device to the Internet.
* For details how to connect the CS100 to the Internet, please see the user’s manual.
(2) Press the <Home> button on the remote control, and check whether [ ! ] appears over the “Preferences” item, and if so, select the “Preferences” item, and then press <SET>.
(3) Press the <Right> button of Cross keys on the remote control, select the tab in the image below, and after checking that [ ! ] appears next to [Update Firmware], select [Update Firmware], and then press <SET>.
* If an error occurs during processing such as importing, sending or receiving image data, an icon will be displayed at the upper right of the screen. The firmware cannot be updated until the processing is completed, or the cause of the error is eliminated.
(4) Press <MENU> on the remote control to start downloading and updating the firmware.
Firmware version confirmation method
(1) Press the <Right> button of Cross keys on the remote control, select the tab in the image below, and check whether the information on the [Update Firmware] screen indicates the latest firmware version.
Contact Information for Inquiries
For questions about this matter, please contact our Customer Service Hotline.